We are so excited to be at 20 weeks! The halfway mark is here! I definitely expect the next half to be much tougher physically, but emotionally the first half was much more draining, so here's hoping this is a very uneventful finish to the pregnancy! We really can't wait to meet this little guy! We drove around to a ton of fabric stores yesterday trying to figure out what to use for his room. We got a LOT of ideas, and are narrowing it down. Hopefully we'll finalize things this week, but no rush since he's not coming for a LONG time still! Thanks to all who've offered to contribute stuff--we're so blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who want to help and share their cute stuff! We're also extra lucky we know so many with little boys!! We have a busy week ahead of us but had a restful Sunday after a busy Friday and Saturday, so hopefully we're ready for it!
On Friday I did some scrapbooking with a friend--we're working on do it yourself baby books she found a cute template for on another blog. They're turning out really cute! We went to a scrapbooking store called Archivers down in Orem, which is pretty far, but a great store with a huge room in the back where they do crop nights for free, so we checked out their stuff, bought a few things, and had a great time working on our projects.
Ok, here's the latest view of Baby Sampert's ever-increasing home--I feel like it's much bigger in person, but clearly my perspective is not a flattering view--from above I have a shelf! :) I know I've got a long ways to go and am trying to appreciate how not large-and-in-charge I am now! I can still tie my shoes and do a lot of things that I know are going to get less comfy each day.
Hope you all have a good week! Thanks for any advice and all I've received so far! My question for this week is, what are your favorite parenting books? I know a ton of people like The Happiest Baby on the Block, so that's on my list, but let me know your favorites and why!
Also, anyone else ready for winter to be done? It's not been a terrible one here, but I'm ready for warmer weather, especially since I'm not snowboarding this year anyway!








5 comments:
You look awesome for being 20 weeks! :)
Your little bump is so cute!! I hope that you are doing well it seems like forever since we have seen you guys. I have lots of books that I like but one that Karl and I really liked was What to expect the first year.
Hehe, I love your teeny tiny little bump! You are too cute. So fun to be looking and planning! My "to give to Cathy pile" just keeps growing too! We got all the crib stuff, lots of clothes . . . and if you want: -a stars and moons mobile for the crib, a baby scrapbook that someone gave me that I'll never use, and I have a baby feet stamp and the " Name:_____
Date:_____
Weight____
Length:____"
and whatever else it says stamp too for the baby announcements, if you haven't already got them you could use. I've been adding to the pile frequently. So fun!
Parenting Books I like: I like "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears. It's birth - age two, but it's more geared toward the attachment parenting style, but there is a lot of good info in there. What to expect the first year is good. I also have Babywise if you want it.
So, this is a superlong comment, I should have just emailed you! :) Love ya!
Oh! I have an extra copy of "What to expect the first year" Just put it in the Cathy pile :)
Thanks Mans! I would love the books and stuff--I will pass on the stars and moons mobile (I have found a few different jungle ones I love), will take the scrapbook, and already have the stamps but thank you thank you thank you! So excited for all my Mandy gifts! Thanks friend!
Thanks Christi and Katrina too! I don't feel like it's so little, but it looks WAY smaller in pictures than I feel it is in real life! Hopefully we'll see you soon!
Post a Comment