Somebody would like to wave hello!
We are SUPER-EXCITED to be parents! I'm due on June 19 and I'm 17 weeks now so we'll find out gender in the next week or two! These pics are from my visit on Thursday--Baby definitely is looking more like a baby now!
Baby was moving a LOT so it was tough to get a profile shot... this one looks a bit more like an alien, but you can see part of a leg, the belly, and part of the skull. Bob would like to add that you also see the UMBILICAL CORD. :) Baby was kicking the placenta the whole time--this likely explains why I'm not feeling the little peanut move yet--hopefully soon!
I'm starting to have a bit of a belly. :) Just after Christmas I felt like I had a little belly, then the next week it was doubled, and now I feel like it's that much bigger again! It's definitely a visible bulge now!
I'm way behind on blogging and hoping to catch up eventually, but for now, at least our big news is official! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! We're excited for all that 2011 will bring and especially parenthood! Thanks to all who sent Christmas cards or letters--we always love hearing what you're all up to and it was wonderful to get to visit so many friends and family during our Christmas trip home! I'll post those pics later. :)
I am actively seeking baby advice from all-comers, so if you have a fave product or tip please feel free to share! We're still figuring everything out and have a lot to learn but are grateful we have the benefit of many friends and siblings who have plenty of experience in this area! :)
~Cathy








12 comments:
Well, it is about time!!! I am so happy for you. I have no advice but I will babysit.
Your brave to WANT to HEAR advice. You might change your mind in the coming months. :)
I do have a few FAVORITE things for the baby. But I need to know if its a boy or girl first! I can't wait
It was fun to have you all here
Don't sleep with a monitor- you'll get no sleep. Trust me, you'll hear it. And even if you don't, they'll survive (and thankfully they'll forget pretty soon. Not that I EVER did that with my kids or anything...).
It looks more like the baby has a question for the teacher instead of a wave. Or maybe it'll be a teacher's pet and have all the answers ;)
Oh. And lock your pantry door.
hooray hoorah! congrats and we can't wait to find out what the umbilical cord...we mean, the baby is!! ;)
We are so excited for you!!! I have some favorite things to that I will share with you. We should get together soon!!
Yay! That is great news! We're so excited for you guys!
We are so excited for you guys! Just let me know the gender so I can make a little something for the little one... Okay?
You are showing now! Well...I guess I'll have to come see. I can't wait!
Thanks for all the sweet comments!
Karen: we feel the same way! Wish you could babysit and lived closer!
Jen: I know there will be lots of unsolicited advice I may not be thrilled to hear--you're so right. :) I'm excited to know your new fave thing!
Steph: We're with you on the monitor business... And our kid will not be a nerd! J/k--it does look like a raised hand. :) The last tip is the best, given your experiences with Erik's mad spill skills!
Monika: Hehe, we'll keep you posted!
Christi: We definitely want to see you guys soon too! Maybe next weekend?
Liz and Grant: Thanks! We're super-excited!
Susan: We'll keep you posted and thanks in advance!
Rach: Soon you'll see for yourself, and by then I'll be that much larger! :)
YAY!
Congratulations Bob & Cathy! How exciting for you two! I hope everything goes well and we're excited to see if the baby is a he/she!
Congratulations! We need more little babies at the family reunions, and I'm so eager to meet yours! Here's my bit of advice: don't waste money on a rocker. No crying baby that I have ever met will consent to being rocked in it as a means of comfort. A better seat is a yoga ball, and I wish I had had one when my kiddos were babies! The bouncing is much more comforting to a squaller than the rocking ever could be, and you'll get more rest bouncing on a yoga ball than bouncing on your legs around the room.
Post a Comment