Before
After--I forgot to take a pic til we'd already cut into them. :)
Now for the bad... Bob's car got crunched. He was driving down the street and an SUV of teenagers flipped a U-turn on the street perpendicular to him that he was crossing, and pulled out in front of him even though they had a stop sign, so he couldn't stop in time and crunched into them. Both insurances ruled it all their fault, so his car is getting fixed up and he has a rental car on their dime. Thankfully everyone was fine, and although it's now up to an estimated $3500 to fix it, they didn't total it out, which we're grateful for because the Neon only has 60k miles on it and we've had it since it was brand new and it's been good to us, so it'd be a shame to lose it.
Just the hood and passenger quarter panel and the bumper really got munched... and it's leaking fluid, and a million other small things. Hopefully they'll get it fixed in the next week.
Could be worse, right?
Now for the good news! We'd been looking at Ford Escape Hybrids for the last 3 years, but haven't done it since both cars are paid for and we love having no car payment and didn't really need another car. However, now that we live in Utah, winters will be snowier, so 4 wheel drive would definitely be nice, so we've continued looking. Bob found this sweet Mercury Mariner Hybrid online at a dealership nearby for about $10,000 less than everywhere else we'd looked! they find cars that were in wrecks and rebuild them and resell them, but because it's a rebuilt title, they can't sell them for retail, hence the deep discounts. We testdrove it on Sat and loved it and bought it! Thanks to USAA we were pre-approved for 2.99% in 5-10 minutes on the USAA app on our iphones and emailed it to the dealer and did everything in an hour. I feel like buying a car always takes forever but this was great. We traded in the civic and bought the warranty for not too much extra since it's a rebuild and you never know, and we are so excited! It drives great and has heated seats, navigation, the SYNC system so you can bluetooth your phone through the car's speakers and voice control almost everything. We are so spoiled now! It gets 30 mpg freeway and 35 in town, although not quite so good when the AC is on, so winter will be even better. I filled it up today for the first time and it was about the same as the Civic, which is awesome. This is going to make winter here a lot more fun!
I took this at the dealer's right after I signed the final papers!
Now onto more fun! I've finished the rest of the pieces for my home letters! They're so cute! Now I need to find a good place to store them where I won't forget to get them out for each season! :)
Cute heart for Valentines
This cupcake was so much fun--lots of glitter! It's for birthdays
I got pretty glitter happy, but I think it made this ladybug so cute!
The hat is actually green glitter scrapbooking paper and then I put yellow glitter on the buckle. :)
Ok, don't laugh at this sad bunny! I did my best! I am NOT a good whisker painter. I will not be quitting my day job any time soon
Cute flower for Spring
Do you like the fluff on the edge? This was my first time playing with the flocking but it was fun.
Present for Christmas
I think the turkey's one of my faves-the glitter striped paper is a bit crazy but so fun!
I probably should have left the stripes just red and blue so you could see the stars better, but oh well. :)
The acorn for fall








3 comments:
Wow, your blocks are beautiful!!! Good work. I'm seriously impressed. You can tell you spent a lot of time on them. So pretty!! Poor Bob's car :( Your new one is so cool though. So awesome how easy it was for you guys! I need to call or email you today - I will fit it in!! :) Love you!
The Pizza's look yummy!!! and that's sad about Bob's car but I'm glad that he is Ok. Your new car looks really nice, and wow on the gadgets!! I love you blocks they look awesome. How much do you charge to make some? :)
whoa missy, you have been BUSY! lol Nice updates! Love to read and see what you've been up to! Why didn't I know about the crunching of bob's car?! Crazy! Glad you were okay and all is being taken care of! Nice blocks!! ;)
Post a Comment