Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cute customized shoes

How cute are these shoes?! I know some of you know Melony and probably already saw this on her blog, but if not check it out! She got the project from this blog's post. I am not super crafty and doubted myself, but after reading the step by step instructions think it's pretty straight-forward. So yeah, maybe I'll try it one of these days! Anyone else in? :) Basically she Mod-Podged fabric onto a cheap pair of flats so you can customize your shoes. Pretty sweet. Hope you all had a good Sunday! For anyone wondering, I survived my lesson and it went well--lots of participation from the RS sisters so the time went quickly--hope everyone else teaching was as lucky!
~Cathy

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Those shoes are super cute! I just wonder how quickly they would come apart if you really wore them a lot. Are they durable? So glad your lesson went well!! I survived mine too - much to my amazement :)

Stephanie Saunders said...

If you get real motivated, you cane make me a pair, too. They're probably waterproof, too with the mod-podge. That would be good for spit-up...

KrizteeTrain said...

Let us know about the durability. It could be a fun project!

Lori said...

Wow - you go, girl! Great job! We missed you at Christmas! Hope to see you again soon. :)

Backwoods Browns said...

Love it!! Mod podge is the BEST!!!

Maggie said...

Cathy, I guess I haven't been keeping up on blogs for awhile. Congratulations on the fellowship opportunity. I am excited to hear where you are going. Match day for me is March 18th. I hope you are doing well!

Monika said...

Cute!!! I want to do it!