Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Happy 2010 everyone! I can't believe it's here already... here are some pictures from our trip home for Christmas! We loved having a week off of work and getting to see family and friends, even though it went too fast as usual. We flew home with Lilo, so we didn't have to fight traffic or weather going over the pass, and it was nice and fast so we got more time with everyone! Here's our Christmas pic for this year. :)

Bob and his Dad helped with some of the Christmas cooking and they're LOVING it! :)

Bob's mom had hand surgery just before we came so I helped wrap her presents since she really only had one usable arm

Here is the wounded arm in its sling, as well as Carolyn with her furriest grandchild and my personal favorite, the Christmas tablecloth, I mean jumper! :)

Lilo opening her present!

Bob's mom got his dad a Wii for his birthday so we had fun playing it--Ron especially loved the bowling so we did that a lot

Bob demonstrates his sweet bowling skills

We spent a lot of time just sitting and relaxing which was great!

We went downtown and checked out the lights and of course had to take a picture in the sleigh

Lilo's fancy Christmas outfit from Ron and Carolyn

Bob and Lilo and I by the sleigh

More pics at the resort shops

Lilo always takes time to smell the flowers

We had a chance to visit with the Poteets a little bit too which is always great! Somehow I never take any pics of them so we took a few right before we left...

George and Bob

Here's my nieces in our presents to them--they loved the pearls, tiaras, and these microphones (also princess) and they light up and sing!

My fam on Christmas Eve


Bob's Mom got him this awesome hat to keep warm and with the flaps flipped up he looks pretty awesome --I have a hunch some of his firefighters would love to see the chief in his finest...

Christmas breakfast with Bob's folks and his grandma--french toast--always delicious!

We iChatted with Jared while we opened presents and he opened his, which was pretty fun, and incredibly confusing to Grandma


Christmas dinner! Cheesey potatoes and rolls and turkey for the meat-eaters and of course corn from their garden... We made cinnamon rolls too, but sadly I only ate 2 before we left... I'm sure somehow they managed to finish them off without us!

I got this cute pretzel rod/candy kit from my secret Santa at work and just made them last night. These Santas took forever painting the candy in the molds with a brush, but Bob loved his!

Just before Christmas my whole class and all the spouses went out to dinner with a few of our staff--here are the ladies!

Not the greatest pic, but somehow none of us are looking at the same camera...
Ok, so lots of updating to do still... Next I'll post our Christmas letter for anyone who didn't get it yet and thanks to everyone who sent us cards and letters and pictures! That's definitely one of my favorite things about this time of year--hearing from people you haven't heard from in forever and catching up with all they've been up to.
We had a fun New Year's Eve playing games and hanging with 3 other couples and just relaxing. I had to work at 6am the next day but got to nap a little the next afternoon so it all worked out. We also went to see Avatar in Imax 3D which was awesome! Definitely exceeded my expectations by far!

Hope you're all sticking with the New Year's resolutions so far! We haven't made any big ones so far... just the usual: eat healthier, exercise more, be more frugal, and just to enjoy every day to the fullest! We've enjoyed all of 2010 so far and are really excited to see where it takes us! Have a great day!
~Cathy

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Excellent pictures! Me and the boys had fun checking them all out. The boys of course enjoyed all the ones of Lilo in her santa suit. And then when the one of George and Bob came Grayam got soo excited and was like "OUR dad! And BOB!!!!" it was funny. It was so good to get to see you guys while we were up. We are already starting to figure out when we can come see you, we have a few ideas so I should email or call you about them. Anyhow, fun post!!