Monday, June 22, 2009

Thanks everyone!

It is bedtime, but I feel so guilty having that last post still so prominently displayed! I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the great suggestions! I pretty much did do them all and my mood promptly recovered. Hard to be down for long when there's so much to smile about every day. Work is still busy, although today was mellower. I know it won't last, but I'm enjoying it while I can! Bob and I had fun on Saturday... he went mountain biking and I went to the Dupont city-wide garage sale with Cheree. We found fun stuff for good deals--my only goal was to find golf clubs for Bob and I succeeded for only $10! Cheree found a really cute school desk also for $10 too--the kind with a flat top and attached chair with a cubby underneath the seat to put your stuff in. I also found an old leather book entitled "The Army Medical Offficer's Field Guide" which is very entertaining and contains a section entitled "artificial respiration" which teaches you how to do CPR kind of upside down with the patient on their belly and pushing on their back after you've pulled out their tongue and "cleared the vomitus and juice." Entertaining for $5!

After that kind of fun we headed out for mani's and pedi's. Somehow I'm 28yo and have never had a true manicure or pedicure not done by myself or a friend. It was really nice and relaxing and we had a nice time just catching up as we're always too busy at work to hang out much!

After that, Bob and I had dinner and then went to see a movie and just had a nice relaxing day. Definitely the best part of being so busy this month is that we really make the most of my days off each week so that makes up a lot for all the busy-ness.

Otherwise not a whole lot going on here, except for the brief visit from the Poteets! Always exciting to have visitors, and although they were staying about 2h north in Bothel, we were able to drive up and have dinner with them one night while they were here which was so nice! Their boys are growing up way too fast but it was fun to see how excited they were to see us too!

The last piece of entertaining news here is that Bob had a pretty big gash on his forearm from work today so I brought home a bunch of stuff to fix him up but luckily was able to close it with just steri-strips and didn't have to stitch him! His wound was already 10 hours old when I saw it, which is older than we should really stitch, so it was great for both of us that steri-strips were enough! It was nice to know that I could take care of him though... I'm really grateful for my medical knowledge and I'm sure I'll be even more appreciative once we have kids that I can hopefully help them too and not just worry more because of what I know!

Ok, way past my bedtime, but thanks again for all the very nice comments!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Wow - hope that mani/pedi was awesome! That's one of my favorite treats and since they don't come along often I really have to savor them. Hope to see you next week when Julia's visiting! Take care!

Karen Mortensen said...

I wish I could have gone to the garage sale with you. I love them.
Tom would be proud that you bought golf clubs.