Ok folks, this has been a rough few days since I started the inpatient peds ward on Friday. It's always a tough and busy rotation, but this one has not gone well so far! My first day I had to tell a 16yo that he might have cancer. That's pretty crummy. Couple that with constant busy-ness and I still have a big presentation to finish by next Friday and you get me right now! What picks you up when you're down? I'm just not enjoying spending all day at work, eating dinner, and going to bed. I've gotten home at 7 or later every night so far. Tonight was 8, Friday was 9:45, and the earliest so far was 6:30, which still stinks since I have to get up at 5am and try to be in bed by 9pm. That's my "poor me" for the day. Seriously, I could use some tips. Tell me what helps pick you up when you're throwing a pity party!
~Cathy
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








9 comments:
Sorry you are feeling low. When someone comments on my blog, that makes me feel good. Also a good upbeat movie does the trick. Hang in there!!!
I'm sorry - this does sound like an especially hard week! Proverbs 3:5-7 always helps me when I'm dealing with something that I can't handle or doesn't make sense. Praying for you!
I agree that comments DO help. I'm sorry you are having a rough time! Would it help to hear that I think you are pretty much the best and I am SOO lucky to have you as my friend? :) I think spending good time with family and friends helps. And as always, the little things: prayer, scriptures. And planning something fun in the near future to really look forward to. Should we come for a visit?! Soon? When??? Let's plan something!
Exercise seems to help me when I'm feeling down. I hope things slow down for you. Here's a big hug for you.
If I were you, I'd revisit some of your old blogs. You always seem to make the most of the spare time you do have and from your blog it looks like you and Bob have had some pretty awesome adventures together!
First of all, just letting it all out helps for me--good job. My favorite pick me up is a good walk, bring your little Lilo. My other pick me up is peanut butter cup frozen yogurt from Golden Spoon (with some mini chocolate chips on top) and curling up to watch some mindless reality TV show. I put the kiddos to bed and I curl up with the guiltless yummy and my hubby and veg out. Tonight's plan: "So You Think You Can Dance". You really do have a rough schedule right now, I wish you all the best of luck. It will be all worth it!
For me, it's a good vent session with my sweet Hubby who is always willing to listen, and then a good movie that makes me laugh so stinkin' hard that I almost cry with a big bowl of my comfort food, Popcorn, or sometimes just a date night with my Hubby to reconnect after a busy crazy week or day!! I hope you find some good downtime and enjoy every minute of it! It's a tough job having to tell people news like that. I don't think I could do it!Thank goodness for wonderful people like you. You are in such a wonderful line of work! Keep up with all work hard work!
i like getting presents when i feel bummed out (kinda pathetic but i promise it's because of the thought behind it—not tha actual gift)and guess what?...i have one for you. I lost your address though :( I will emaiil you for it.
Cathy I am sorry work is rough right now, but you do such a great job! When my life is crazy, which is often, I sometimes take a bath and just relax in a tub, sometimes with a book. Or laying in bed chatting and cuddling with my husband helps too. If I had time for a good massage or spa day that would probably help too. Thanks so much for the birthday card and magnets. I really appreciate you thinking of me. You are so thoughtful. I have been meaning to write you since I got it but life has been crazy. I hope things get better for you.
Post a Comment