So you're going to see fewer posts for me in the next few weeks, but I'm up and have a little time now, so here's what's new.
Nightfloat has been pretty busy so far, but bearable... I really was not looking forward to this, but I've learned a lot already, and actually feel surprisingly competent, which is pretty neat. I intubated a 32 week premie in one try without any difficulty, which is pretty sweet... although that's a bigger premie, it still gave me a little more confidence that I really can take good care of these kids at night all by myself... My first night of Night Float we had a 26 weeker born and Ryan and I put lines in probably in less than 10 minutes, which is crazy fast... it was pretty neat to resuscitate the baby and do all the stabilization with him because we never get to work with our own class, so it was pretty neat to see how far we've come since last year when we were wee interns...
I pretty much only work and sleep, but I'm off 1/2 of Wed and Thursday, so at least I can have some fun then! I went out to dinner and a movie with some friends tonight and that was fun--we saw Bride Wars and it was hilarious! Then I had basketball, which is the one thing I'm super-glad about for Night Float--at least I get to go to basketball still! Bob had a big 2-day job today, but finished it all, so he has tomorrow off too, so hopefully we'll do something fun! Unfortunately, my sleep schedule is totally flipped, so I'm still WIDE awake... I'm going to head to bed now and make myself try to sleep...
Hope you're all well and have a good rest of the week and weekend!
P.S. Another good thing about this schedule is that I do appreciate my time with Bob that much more.... I literally go DAYS without seeing him now because I leave for work before he gets home, then I get home after he's left for work! Lilo pretty much just sleeps all day with me AND all night with Bob... maybe she's narcoleptic? Seems like she should be awake at some point! :)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Go Cathy, you awesome doctor you!! I am really proud of you. I am glad you are doing well. I love your comments on my blog.
Nice for the update. I always feel sooooooo bad for you having to never sleep and be up all of those crazy hours. I know that, like me, you really love your sleep. I think that is the only reason I didn't become a doctor. I just can't give up my sleep, I could never do it. But that's the ONLY reason, you know. :)
I just can't imagine the feeling of helping/saving a little baby. It's so incredible that this is what you do. Whenever I hear your stories of these things I always think how lucky the patients are to have you as their doctor. And also how scary it is that some people have to have the stupid doctors for their doctors. And it scares me that I'm going to have stupid doctors working on my baby someday. And then I decide that I just have to move wherever you are and follow you around the country as you move about, so that I can always make sure you are there to help us when we need you! It's the only solution.
Mans, you're too sweet... I would LOVE to be Georgey and Grayam's doctor, but I'm only ever a phonecall away for now! Someday.... :) If you guys want to just follow us around the country that'd be fine though... :)
That is so cool! I loved hearing about how you saved those babies!!! I actually am in need of a great dr here, any chance of you moving to Jackson?
Love nik
P.S First time I have looked at your blog, I am sure you do not mind if I add you to my list of blogs I reguarly look at?
Cathy thank you for saving lives and working hard to help people. Sorry you and your family suffer in the process. You are doing a great thing and will be blessed for it. I wish I had your intelligence and calm. The very thought of having to try and remember how to do something in order to save someones life gives me panic attack.
I thank God for good intelligent people like you working with my kids!!That is got to be one of the best part about the work you do ....saving lives :) You certainly are blessed with that talent from Heavenly Father and there will be sooo many more people that will be grateful for it also in the many years to come! Nice job! Also I am glad you gave 2 thumbs up for Bride Wars! I have a girls night planned tomorrow and wanted to know how good that movie was and so now I think I will go! :)Thanks:)
Post a Comment