I admit it, I'm a blogaholic. Checking all your updated blogs is totally the highlight of my day! It's so relaxing to just read what you've all been up to, see all your fun pictures, and just take a break after the busy-ness of work! So thanks for all you bloggers up there! I also love to read all the comments on my own blog, so keep up the good work there too!
Unfortunately, I am starting Night Float on Friday, which means I work 1:30pm to 7AM on Fridays, and 5pm to 7 AM Sat-Tues, with Wed and Thurs off. EW. I will be like the Cullens, up all night and not sleeping, but unlike those glorious vamps I'll be sleeping at home then heading back to work. Bummer dude. Luckily we had a fun-filled last weekend before the badness begins! We played volleyball with friends from church Fri night then the Wickhams came over and we played hand and foot, which was fun. Then Sat night we played games with the Wickhams and the Clarks, which was great fun. We're on a big Settlers kick and it's been such a good time, although Bob is usually the big winner. I did win 4 of our last 5 games together 1 on 1 though. So I'm not a total loser. :) When we play with the 6 of us though, somehow I've frequently been the losingest of all, so much so that Tamara actually said, "Oh no! I'm the Cathy of this game!" at one point when she was hopelessly losing. Ouch! We've had a lot of fun though and it makes the upcoming ominous schedule more bearable. :)
Hope you all had a great weekend and an even better upcoming week! Bob made the excellent suggestion that since the blogging/reading of blogs/Facebook/Email sucks so much of my time, I should only allow my blogaholic habit on Sundays... I don't know if I'm going to limit it to just one day, but I'm cutting back! So I'll miss you all but will still be checking them out but much less frequently this coming month!
~Cathy
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








7 comments:
I'm a blogaholic too. I'm bad at updating my own blog but I love checking others! What a yucky schedule you have! I hope it isn't a permanent one! I guess we need doctors at all time of the day--even when only the Cullens are awake.
Good luck with work. I love looking at people's blogs too. It is fun. I just wish people would comment more!!!!
That's too funny!! I usually plan 1 day for updates and looking, but with 3 kids it makes it hard unless I totally ignore my kids for a few hours :) hehe! I would be a blogaholic too if I had a few less :)
After reading your post...I really need to find some friends who like to play games!
Have fun with that schedule! Sounds like mine with sick kids! Too bad I can't sleep in the day though :( How well does your body adjust to switching around like that? I know some people do fine and others not so good? Hopefully yours does great with it!!
Blogs are a blast! It's amazing how many people you can stay in contact with thanks to the internet. Good luck with the yucky schedule.
I loved your Christmas card. It was adorable. Like Emily, I am great at checking out everyone else's blog, but in my case I'm not so good at remembering to post comments. I love seeing what you and Bob are up to. Hope all goes well with your new schedule.
Thanks for the blog comments. I just took up sewing this year and I am trying to come up with new designs, so if you see anything super cute let me know. Todd and I have no idea where we will end up after school. We can really end up no where. Except I told him that I am putting my foot down on the central states, I don't think I can stand extreme summers and winters. It looks like you guys have been doing really well.
I'm also a blogaholic, and while it's a good idea to check in less it would be hard. Glad that you have a fun respite from your busy, stressful job! I can't imagine doing what you do - but how rewarding to help babies when they need it most. Take care of yourself! :)
Post a Comment