Sunday, March 20, 2011

More Belly pics and baby stuff

Here I am at 26 Weeks!


Here is the most recent shot! This is 27 weeks--I feel pretty large and in charge already, so it is hard to imagine how much more growth the next 13 weeks will be! We go to Hawaii in a week and I have my next appt Monday when we get back and will officially be entering my 3rd trimester! We're really looking forward to this last big trip together just the 2 of us and especially to have an extra-laid back trip since we'll be a bit limited on the physically demanding stuff given my *delicate* state. :) We have a lot of site-seeing planned as well as just laying on the beach and swimming! So exciting! We are getting more excited every day to meet this guy! We've started to figure out what we we're getting for most of the major things he'll need so that's exciting! We've enjoyed bargain hunting for a lot of these and have found some great deals. Thanks to all our friends and family who've offered boy clothes especially since it seems everyone's recently had baby boys! He'll definitely be well-dressed!


Here's our votes on baby stuff so far--please feel free to offer your thoughts too--this is all based on reading/reviews/friends and family recommendations so far!

Stroller: Bob revolution with the adaptor for the Graco Snugride

Carseat: Graco Snugride 35 (Hathaway is the print--so cute! Only at BuyBuyBaby.com, but since this is one of the few things we'll definitely buy new, price is pretty much the same everywhere. :)
Infant Carrier: Debating still between the Ergo and Baby Trekker: The Ergo has the infant insert which is a huge plus, however the Trekker lets the baby face out as well, which is also a big plus.... Leaning toward the Trekker based on the majority of reviews we've read.
ERGObaby® Performance Carrier and Accessories - Grey



Pump: Universally my resident/working Mom friends have all recommended the Medela Freestyle and thanks to Liz I have a great website to get it $100 less than everywhere else!

41mJ2kSD14L._SL380_.jpg




Bedding: We found this cute fabric at Target and LOVE it!

Carolyn is also making us an awesome minky and flannel blanket with baby blue minky on one side and this super cute animal print on the other:
Lovely Flannel cotton fabric - Zoo (Background in Brown) - 18 inch X 21.5 inch


Diaper Genie: doing the real deal to hold the stink in :) Less of an issue until he starts solids, but seemed worth the extra cost even though those refills aren't too cheap.

Playtex® Diaper Genie® II Elite Disposal System and Refills
On that classy note, we're excited for this little guy to come! It's felt so far away the whole time but now it's starting to feel closer, especially as I get bigger and bigger each day! We'll keep you all posted!

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh you are finally looking pregnant, and soooo cute!! I love it!!!! I can't believe you are nearly in your third trimester, this pregnancy is just flying by :) Maybe not so much for you, hehe.
All of your big purchases are so exciting and so cute. I did the diaper genie with Georgey but did not use it the whole time he was in diapers, and haven't used it again with my other kids. It seemed to big of a hassle to us, and several of our friends did the same thing with their kids. I think we all end up just getting a step-can and keeping it right outside the door in the garage or something like that. But maybe you guys will like it. All of your other things are super cute! Did I send you one of those promos for a free baby sling? If you get the baby trekker maybe you could just get one of those slings for when he's an infant. Let me know if you need another link to those, I think I have a current one. So fun to get the preggo updates! And so fun for Hawaii! That will be so nice, I'm jealous as always :) Hope you are feeling well and will talk to you soon!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

Thanks for your big comment Mans! I am not a big fan of the slings and as Bob will be the primary baby carrier and caregiver and isn't so down with the sling, I don't think we need one. The Trekker says safe down to 8 lbs and with the insert the ergo is good for a baby too. We're trying to minimize the amount of baby accessories we accumulate to only have what we need, so I think we'll do well with 1 carrier.

The stepcan in the garage doesn't work when you live in an apt. :) A small apt can get stinked up pretty fast, so no question, we're doing the diaper genie and I'm sure we'll use it to keep our apt stink-free!

I am still feeling good and hopefully it continues! :)

christi said...

I hope that you have tons of fun on your trip to Hawaii. You look so cute prego!!! I love all your stuff and am a big fan of the Graco stuff. I want to know what you decide on the carrier the ergo or trekker. I also love your fabric so cute!!. We will have to get together when you get back.

Cristy Michelle said...

So you are thinking about getting a second Bob... one with wheels :) I am a big fan of getting a stroller with bike tires wheels and a swivel front tire. It is so nice to be able to take our stroller with similar features anywhere. We see moms get stuck on curbs or grass all the time with their small-tire strollers (ha ha suckers :)

But, if you are thinking about going high end with a Bob, you should check out Phil and Ted strollers. http://philandteds.com/en/productsus/pushus
A little pricey, but you can purchase an accessory to make it a double stroller (hint hint). Maybe the Bob does that too, but I am seriously considering a Phil and Ted.
Yeah for Babies!!! Love and miss you!

Candice said...

Have you checked out the diaper champ vs the diaper genie? It uses regular trash bags instead of having to buy the pricy refils and was a bit cheaper purchase price as well. It works awesome for us. You're in for a surprise if you think newborn diapers are not stinky. :) The champ even contains those stinky toddler diapers as well though. :) Can't wait to meet your little man!

T J V said...

I know you already said you are pretty set on a diaper Genie but I am with Mandy, they don't get used as much as you think. We just use grocery sacks to put the stinky diapers in a cover trash can does the trick. Also agree with the money for a stroller might as well pop for a Phil and Ted b/c youc an get the infant attachment for a second kid, but the Bob is good too. I wish you were closer b/c I saw this awesome elephant canvas pic at the baby store that was plaid and stipes it was so cute but too big to mail, sad! Can't wait to see Hawaii pics!

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

We will have to further investigate the diaper champ Candice!! The reviews we've read have really not appreciated it... And I know newborn diapers stink too :) There's no escaping the stink entirely, but we definitely want to minimize it! We've checked out the Phil and Ted strollers too and are indecisive about them vs the Bob... the primary complaints are the tires are not as good on the P&T, and we're not sure how soon #2 might come along... likely a few years down the road, but the attachable 2nd seat is nice! Thanks for all your input everyone! And Tamara, thanks for spying the cute elephant pic for us! Too bad we don't live closer!