Friday, October 30, 2009

Melting Pot and Halloween


As always, I know I'm way behind, but I've been busy! Next month I'll be a better uploader because I'm now 1/2 way through Night Float! I've seen and done some pretty cool stuff, and gained a lot of experience so hopefully being out on my own in only 8 months will be less scary! I emergently intubated a brand new 24 weeker in the OR, have done 1 chest tube in a baby, helped with another in that same 24 weeker, done a needle decompression in a baby for a pneumothorax, reintubated a baby who pulled her tube out, done a bunch of sets of lines, and am definitely just feeling more comfortable that I know what I'm doing! I'm not doing much but working, but at least I'm working with great people, enjoying what I'm doing, and learning a lot!

In my rare time off we're having fun! We had a great time at the Melting Pot 2 weeks ago! I've been working a TON with NICU and now Night Float, so we're trying to make the most of my time off! The Melting Pot sounded delicious, so we had a great date night there! One of our favorite parts beyond the delicious fondue, is these honey crusted pine nuts they put on the caesar salad. PURE HEAVEN! So yummy.

Here's Bob enjoying his cheese fondue!

I think he especially enjoys that he gets to stab things!
Oh how I love the chocolate! YUM!


For our next date night, last week, we carved pumpkins! These are the fake pumpkins, so no stink, and no pumpkin guts for those of who are not big pumpkin fans, like us!

This is my ghost
He looks so cool lit up!
Lilo doesn't mind her skeleton costume--it's basically just a tshirt, which she's well-accustomed to!
Here they are together all lit up!
We had a good time carving these and it's nice that we can save them and put them out again next year!
Hope you're all having a great day!
~Cathy

6 comments:

KrizteeTrain said...

Hello--Nathaniel here. You have officially been added to our (my) Blog Reader!

So are these pumpkins easier to cut? Either way, you all have some skills! We will post ours soon...not as much skill involved lol

Lori said...

Wow - I'm very impressed with your carving skills! And (hint, hint) a gift certificate to the Melting Pot would probably go awfully fast at the gift exchange this year! ;) Have a fun Halloween!

Susan said...

I've never seen fake pumpkins you can carve. Your carvings skill are very impressive.

Unknown said...

mmmm...I want to try the melting pot. I still haven't been. Looks super yummy.

Unknown said...

This is actually Brooke.

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-aman-membawa-power-bank-di-pesawat