Sunday, August 23, 2009

DC Zoo

Ok, I'm trying to limit my excessive picture posting, so here are a few fun ones from the DC zoo! I saw a fair amount of neat birds hanging out around the zoo, including this cardinal!
This emu was hilarious--a crazy guy kept "playing" with him, running back and forth on our side of the fence, and the emu would run with him every time, opening his mouth like he wanted to bite him!

The red panda is my most favorite zoo animal ever! How could you not love that adorable face?


They had a very nice elephant house--they had a lot of room and looked pretty happy :)



The pandas were soooooo cute!





Sorry they're both sideways.... couldn't figure out how to fix it in the video--the panda's just eating bamboo but he's so cute! And the elephant is squirting water on his feet and is also adorable. :) The red panda's not really doing anything but being unbelievably cute... hence he's my favorite zoo animal!

2 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Very cool animals. I love that picture of the panda. Soooo cute.

Lori said...

I've never seen a red panda before - how interesting! Fun seeing you guys at the wedding! :)