Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I've told you all so many times how much I love reading all your blogs, and I especially loved reading the many Easter messages today! Bob's parents are here visiting and we've had a great time with them, but everyone's napping so I thought I'd try to do a quick update while I've got a bit of time.

The biggest piece of news is that I'm going to Alaska tomorrow! It worked out at the last minute that I get to go to Alaska for work tomorrow for the week! I'll be doing Peds GI up there and we've got a long layover in Anchorage tomorrow so I'm hoping to do a little sight seeing! It looked like there was a ton of stuff just outside the city, but I'm not going to have a car and only about 5 hours between when I leave the airport and when I need to go back, so I'm thinking I might just explore the zoo and downtown? It looks like it will be cold, but not rainy, so that's a plus! I will post my hopefully many pictures when I get back this weekend!

We mostly just relaxed with Bob's folks--we had lunch at Chipotle yesterday, went to a movie at the cheap theater, and played some games here, including a little Wii bowling, which is always fun. We had a great Easter lunch here today after they went to church with us, and it was NOT my Sunday to teach, which always makes it more relaxing. :) We did a little shopping at JoAnns and Michael's yesterday too, so Carolyn and I got a few more fun scrapbooking things. Carolyn brought her most recent books which were fun to look through! She's done a bunch lately, including their Alaska trip last year and Baby Jay's book--he's so cute! Hard to believe he's so big already--we can't wait to see him for ourselves again in a few months when we're home in July!
They're pretty easy to entertain--they even love car rides, as demonstrated here!
Carolyn enjoying the always enjoyable Michael's!
After their nap earlier today--just unwinding
We also put together a puzzle--it was FAST with all of us working together

Bob and Ron also dug up our swingset yesterday. We've had this thing the whole time we've lived here, because the family before us had a bunch of kids and definitely had fun on this thing, but we've tried to give it away to a ton of people unsuccessfully! The boys dug it up to bring it somewhere where kids will actually use it, which is great! Now we have to decide if we want to leave a flower bed there or just re-seed it... luckily we're in the rainiest of our many rainy seasons, so whatever we do will be easy to keep well-watered. :)

These past few weeks of work have been REALLY busy. I'm grateful for a week away in Alaska, even though I'll be working, just because it will be different work. This was my first weekend off in a long time, so I'm really loving the opportunity to relax! Too bad I have to be at work at 0530 tomorrow to meet my ride to the airport... bummer dude. I'm sure I'll get lots of sleep on the plane though at least.

I'm not looking forward to the cold up there--lows in the 10's so I'm heading back to winter, but I can't complain too much I guess!

In other somewhat recent news, here's Bob and some of his birthday loot



Here are some crafts I've done over the past few months--nothing super-recently though, but in case anyone's interested. :)



These are some clocks I made for friends--I just bought these plain silver clocks at Ikea because I liked the cool details on the hands, and I took them apart and cut out paper for the background and cut these numbers out with my Slice and then put some words on their too for the Clarks--they love Jack Johnson, hence the phrase, and then the year they were married. :)



Here are a few cards I made recently--this first one was for my niece Brooklyn because she had a Hawaiian themed birthday party. I found this cute hula girl online (it was the least scandalous one--sheesh! There were so many scantily clad little girls!) and then attached it with some cute brads and used white ink on my birthday stamp for the border at the bottom. So much fun!



I made this card mostly to use my new ribbon punch and it worked pretty nicely! I love it a lot--definitely makes me want to use ribbon on every card!


Hope you're all having a great weekend and I'll post more when I get back!
~Cathy

8 comments:

Lori said...

Cute clocks! And I'm slightly jealous about Alaska... I've never been and have wondered if I'd like it there. Looking forward to your update! Happy Easter and safe travels!

Karen Mortensen said...

Are you sure you work? It still looks like you are having way too much fun! But, good for you.

Let me know about your cruise. We are going on one in June.

Susan said...

Hope you have a good time in Alaska. Don't work too hard. :) Happy Easter!

Brooke said...

Cathy funny how we were just talking about you don't get the opportunity to go to Alaska very often and now you get it twice in the same year. Funny! Great job on the clocks. I was going to do that at Christmas time for gifts but I never got around to it. Cathy you are so much more crafty than me. I might just have to my "the host" your gift. To bad we don't have a way to get that swing set from you. We have been looking around for one. Next time you guys are in town we will have to do some ticket to ride or settlers or something. HAve you heard of Killer Bunnies? Have fun on Alaksa and happy late easter!

Backwoods Browns said...

What a fun time! Micheal's is DANGEROUS for me!! I could spend so much there! I love the clocks and cards! I love scrapping but cards are so much faster to put together and that's nice when you're so busy!:)
Alaska? Brrrrrrrr. I bet it's beautiful up there! I hope you get lots of pictures! Brad would move there in a heartbeat except he married me and I can't be that cold for that long :) Maybe your pictures will be more convincing:) Enjoy!

Mandy said...

What fun! Those Samperts are so good to always come visit you guys!! Visitors are the best! Your craftiness is very impressive! I always love your cards, and I think those clocks are super cute! How exciting that you are in Alaska! (Wow, I am out of control with the exclamation marks. I will try to calm down...) I love getting to go new places. Seems like you get to go everywhere. I've always been envious of your many travels. I'm excited to see your pictures!

Unknown said...

Those cards are cute! Good job, the clocks are cute too! Have a good time in Alaska!

T J V said...

Bah!!! Wait, is the playset gone? We will be in our new house in a few months, we will take it if it's not gone!!!