Hello there! There's not a ton of news, but here's a recap of the last few weeks.
Bob and I in all our gear
1. We had a great time snowboarding with friends from work on the trip up to Crystal Mountain a few weeks ago. It was an amazing sunny morning and got a bit cloudier in the afternoon, but was a great day all the way around! It was so wonderful to get a work day off to have some fun for both of us and to spend some time with my fellow residents.
Can you tell it's me in there?
What a beautiful sunny day!
2. Bob had a birthday! I got him a bunch of small presents and gave him a little something each day for the week leading up to his big day AND he got 2 birthday dinners, both at Outback, because my Bob is a meat and potatoes guy! I love the outback bread, cheese fries, and coco-berry smoothies, which although not necessarily a balanced meal, are sure enjoyable options! Although I had to work all day and night for his big day yesterday, he had good times at the driving range and then go-carts with Jared and had a very fancy pizza dinner. :)
3. Today we just relaxed and played games--Ticket to Ride and Lost Cities--both new birthday gifts and great fun! I also slept a bit since last night was a fairly busy night at work...
4. I'm still playing basketball every Wednesday night and it's still the highlight of my week, especially a week like this where I got only a tiny bit of a weekend! Some of my basketball girls play in a Saturday morning soccer league that starts in a couple weeks so maybe I'll do that too. We also have been playing volleyball every Friday night with friends which has been really fun too.
5. We had a little girls night out Thursday and went to see He's Just Not That Into You and then went to dessert, which was also a lot of fun! The movie had a fair amount of language for a PG-13 movie, but was HILARIOUS! We went to The Ram for dessert and Dorothy and I shared the sweet potato cheese fries which were delicious, but our service was AWFUL. Maybe our waitress was just having a rough night, but she didn't care at all about earning her tip and the music was super loud and it was kind of tough to hear each other. We still had a great time and it was nice to get out.
6. We had friends over to play games Friday night after Bob's 2nd Outback birthday dinner, but we tried to play Cities and Knights and discovered when we opened the brand new package that we'd been gipped! Several parts were missing which made it a bit tricky but we still had fun. I had to work at 6am Saturday though so I was sure tired the next morning, but it was worth it. I don't think too many people die wishing they'd slept more, right? :)
7. It looks like I'll be home for the whole month of July! Not really home home, but in Spokane for a PICU rotation! I'll be working, but at least on weekends I'll hopefully be able to see our families and friends! Bob will probably come out for a week or so too and my high school reunion is 4th of July weekend I think so that'll be nice to see some old friends then too!
Now here are some random pics from the last month:

I made these lovely casts for Cheree--we had a casting morning where we just practiced our skills on each other

Lilo LOVES the sunshine!

This is how we typically find her when it's sunny out!

Unfortunately it doesn't show up well, but there's a HUGE rainbow over the hospital!








6 comments:
We're looking forward to seeing you this summer! And is it weird that I'm not in the medical field but still think the casting party sounds fun? Maybe it's because I've never had a cast myself - and if I ever need one I'd prefer that it was done out of sport. :) Have a great day!
I'm soooo excited to have you near for a whole MONTH! That will be awesome!! We will have to plan some fun stuff. Will that be a super busy work month, or will you have time to play??? Sounds like Bob had a fun birthday week. That's so great, it's nice to drag those things out! Crystal Mountain looks beautiful. We haven't been able to hit the slopes at all this year, although we are still getting snow on the ground so I guess it's probably not too late to hit the mountain. We sure miss you guys!!!
Sounds like you 2 have been having a blast!! Happy B-day Bob. I know it's late but better late then never! I LOVE sweet potato fries, and I am glad someone can get out and snowboard!! It looked like a beautiful day at the mountain. Can't wait to see you 2 again!! It's been a really long time!
I think some of the ladies around here are going to start playing basketball too. We'll see how it goes. So fun that you get to come here for a month! And July really is the best time to come!
You guys have the funnest times! I'm officially naming you the funnest couple ever. You guys are always on adventures. I think that I'm going to make it a goal to be a little bit more like the Samperts and have little mini adventures more often. We work too much and we don't play very often.
You guys seem to be having way too much fun. That is awesome. You deserve to. Keep it up.
Post a Comment