Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Decor

Ok, as promised, here are some pics of my Christmas decorations... I would LOVE if you all reciprocated--I love Christmas so much and I'm really a sucker for Christmas decorations in general!

This is one of my favorites... he's beautiful, and how fun that tealights go in his antlers, huh?


Mom sent us these a few years ago



These have tealights behind them and are so pretty!




Mandy made me these at a Super-Saturday--they spell Autumn on the backs of these letters--the snowman is a pumpkin on the other side :)





These are our stocking hangers but I didn't hang them up yet this year since we're going home for Christmas--the santa snowglobe is so fun!






This may look like a cookie jar, but it's actually a candle holder







Another treasured item... I call him my snowman lava lamp! He's so cool with all the lights off!








I guess I like snowmen









I have been changing the days--I took these pics a few days ago, as you can see!

I won this at our last Enrichment



The tree of course! (You may note the lonely present... now there are 4, but still all for Bob and none for me. It's quite tragic really.)



This moose has a Bath Fitter scarf on--from Bob's work last year. And of course, this is our Atlantis dolphin picture!



I made this at a Super Saturday for the other ward that I crashed this fall with Tamara!



Also from Mom a few years ago



I got these at Kohl's online on Black Friday--$6 and so cute!



And of course Coldstone with the Clarks this weekend--YUM!




I made the Coldstone lady take this of all 4 of us... Bob claims he's "leaning in," does anyone agree? I gave him credit for a slight head tilt, but that's about it! :) He was embarassed I made the lady take our pic...


So we had a nice weekend--I thought I was off, but really I had to work on the newborn nursery, but it was the lightest it's ever been! Today there were only 6 babies to take care of, which was great! There was a kind of complicated adoption issue, but we got it all squared away. We went over to Ryan and Emily's on Friday where they graciously shared their last deep dish authentic Chicago style pizza with us, which was great! They're from Chicago so every time they go home they bring a bunch back, and this was their last one, so it was so nice of them to share! Luckily they flew back today, so they can restock! Then yesterday we went to Claimjumper with the Clarks and then tried to go bowling, but to no avail! There's a super-huge bowling alley in Tukwila, but it was a 3 hour wait! I don't know if it's always that busy there of if it was just because of the snow? It's been freezing and just barely snowing off and on since yesterday, and people here panic with even a tiny amount of the white stuff, so it's not been good! We called many other bowling alleys and all of them were full! One place told me they MIGHT be able to squeeze us in from midnight to 2AM. Since I had to work at 6, that was a no go! So we drove home and went to Coldstone and just had fun hanging out, even though we didn't end up bowling.

We're so excited to fly home on Friday and see our families! And I'm having an ornament exchange on Thursday at 7pm so anyone in the area who wants in is welcome! :) Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Super cute decorations. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I should get more decorations for it. Yeah! I am excited you guys are coming! We will have to plan some fun. What is an ornament exchange?

Cathy and Bob Sampert said...

We're doing what the Canadians call "Mean Santa," also referred to as "Yankee Swap" on The Office--you can choose a wrapped ornament or steal one someone else has already opened one. Good times. :)

Emily said...

I'm was so happy to see a new post. I was especially happy to see the dolphin picture. How fun! I just want to jump in that picture with you and hug the cute dolphin. Love the decorations.

Mandy said...

You have quite an impressive collection of Christmas Decor! I love it! I really need to beef mine up I think. I thought I was doing ok till I saw yours. I'm soo excited to see you guys! TCBY and Mongolian here we come!!