On Monday we went to the Puyallup Fair, which was AWESOME and I took a few pictures I'll share... It was military night so we got in free, which of course rocked, but then it was also $1 ride night... I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy when I rode the swings.... I don't know if any of you have a favorite carnival ride, but I love them all, but have a special LOVE of the swings that go in a circle.... I can not explain it but it makes me just so incredibly happy to ride them! I was blissful the entire ride.... literally, 100% the happiest I've been in any moment for a long time... I know that's silly, but it was definitely the best dollar I've spent in years!

Don't even pretend you don't love the swings!!!
We also did the giant slide and Bob and I raced our friends and totally beat them, with Bob slightly edging me out with his mad sliding skills! Angela folded her gunny sack up to decrease her surface area, thinking she'd smoke us all, yet somehow did not... the old man carnie at the bottom of the slide even recommended this strategy after we finished and we updated him that his theory was dead wrong for our posse. We also enjoyed some sweet hang gliders we laid on our stomachs to ride, a silly haunted house ride, and of course, the Bears! We rode in some silly bears that had the wheel in the middle to spin it around and around and we spun like CRAZY! So fun!
Joe, Nicole, me, Angela, and Charles (the mountain man--he's climbing Rainier this week, hence he is keeping the face full o' hair til then) and Bob was taking this picture
Atop the giant ferris wheel--all 6 of us fit in one car! (Also, my iPhone took all these pictures at night with no flash. What CAN'T it do????????)
Other than the rides, there are so many facets to the fair, least of which is the FOOD! Nicole and Joe had a goal of trying 10 different things over the course of the night and almost made it... I think they hit 6 or maybe 7... I wanted EVERYTHING.... elephant ears (didn't have room... I did make Bob promise we'll go back this Monday and get one!), chocolate covered strawberries (shared with Angela and Nicole), cotton candy (MONSTER bag shared with everyone), cheese fries (the cheese was sick but the fries were good but HUGE) and a caramel apple (also no room--maybe this Monday). Basically, people would walk by eating things and I'd want it... Bob ate a GIANT cheeseburger which looked as big as Nicole's head! He was of course finished then and didn't help much with my desire for a million other things....
We had fun checking out the animals too, although they mostly stunk as usual. Angela was horrified by a poor cow we encountered in one barn... apparently this cow was getting beautified for a show or something, because one person was holding the nose ring to keep the cow's head still while the other person was SHAVING the cow's face from between the eyes toward the nose! I'd be freaked out too! Poor cow...
People-watching is of course a fun past time pretty much anywhere, but especially at the fair! I am a firm believer that some children SHOULD be leashed and this is not necessarily cruel, but sometimes necessary for safety! Apparently this dad agreed! (I pretended I was taking a pic of Bob on my iPhone and that's why he's half in it... I try to not to be too creepy... :) )
Does everyone have their Halloween costumes already? We've had some ideas but nothing picked yet... except Lilo of course. <2 months til you get to see her costume! < 2 days for some of you maybe.... ;) We found a super-hilarious costume for her last night while we were out and she had a great time running around the house in it last night!
Hope you all have a great weekend! ~Cathy








1 comment:
I love your posts! They are always so interesting. Cathy's just saving the world, one infant at a time but she still has a moment to ride the fun swings and find her just dog a halloween costume!:) I so wish we could move close to you so you could be our pediatrician. I have been thinking of Halloween. So far Thomas has decided to be speed racer. We are still undecided on Matthew and Kate.
Post a Comment