This weekend was the resident retreat--the one time each year our staff cover the whole hospital so we can all get away for a weekend and relax! It was a lot of fun to hang out with the other residents all weekend and mostly just to NOT be working!
We had fun and rode our bikes on the beach...
I had to get a shot of the sign!
You can tell who takes the pictures, huh? :)
We also went horseback riding on the beach!
My horse was really mean--he tried to bite everyone else's horses!
My horse was really mean--he tried to bite everyone else's horses!
Bob's horse was better, although it did try to kick Bethany's horse at the end!
Nice view, huh?
After our ride--the horses were TIRED!
Randomly, we even went to a luau last night!
They had some some cool polynesian dancers too (definitely exceded our expectations!)--the little kids were by far the most entertaining!
We went bowling after the luau last night too which was a lot of fun. 
Bob did a great job keeping score--no computers to help us out!
We had a very scenic drive back today and saw the Hoquiam Castle (really a mansion, but still pretty)
and a lot of cute small ocean towns along the way. I also saw the famous Grizzly Den, a little mom and pop fast food place Bob's eaten at few times when he's had jobs out that direction--very cute little place. We have a lot of ideas for what we'd like to do next time--there are some cool lighthouses both north and south of where we were this time that would be cool to check out, and there are some rainforests a few hours north of where we were that looked really neat. (The Hoh and Quinault rainforests--a little south of the oft-mentioned Forks!) We also saw some scooters, dune buggies, and laid back bikes that you can rent and ride on the beach, which looked like a lot of fun, so we'll definitely do that next time! It just figures that we wouldn't see them until we were driving home though.... :) Ok, bedtime. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow--I'm driving back to Seattle in the morning and I'm on call so I should get some sleep! Hope you all had a great weekend and have a great week! ~Cathy
On the way to the beach they had these signs everywhere which just cracked us up! Not that tsunami's are funny... :)
Here are some random pics of recent events...
so of course we had to take pictures with the sign! :)
Bob's company has season tickets to the Seahawks so sometimes he gets to go to the games and enjoy the club seats--this is the halftime show with Alice in Chains--he had a great time!








9 comments:
Looks like great fun! I am still very sad about the Forks/Seattle trip being canceled it would have been such fun.
Sounds awesome. It makes me sad about not getting to go to the coast too. You guys get to do some fun stuff! I loved all the pictures. Are you wearing a dress in the Seattle pic or a skirt? I couldn't really tell, but you looked super cute! Horseback riding on the beach is awesome, I haven't been on a horse in Forever. Good times!
Haha, I recognize that little navy bowling alley!!! Glad you had some fun, and thanks for the "castle" pic, I have been wondering how castley it really is.
FUN It looks like it has been a nice couple of weeks for you. Jappys jelous of the football ticket. And horseback riding on the beach, Lucky.
The girls we're excited about Lilos postcard they ask me daily to read it. I about have it memorized. Jen
Do you two ever sleep?
Oh man your posts always make me laugh! My favorites: your mean biting horse, horse butt pic..(not that i want to see horse butt, it is a funny shot however), tsumani pic (and yes, not that tsumanis are funny). Can't wait for more fun stories and pics
too bad i can't spell :(
So, do you work at Seattle Grace Hospital? J/K..that is probably such a old joke, now that you have been working up there for almost 2 years! That looked like an amazing fun trip.
You two are always having a lot of fun!
Post a Comment