Friday, August 29, 2008

Card Class

Ok, so I'll get to the card class, but first a glamour shot.... or not!

So this is a terrible picture, thanks to our silly camera that kind of refuses to shed any light on objects more than 3 feet from the flash, slightly lightened with photoshop so you can tell who the people are, but it's our only picture with Tamara and Jared and Van, so here we are at Farelli's a few nights ago, for their cheap family deal! Good pizza, salad, breadsticks, and drinks for only $30. Can't be beat. Van even got a balloon at the end--don't know how much more you could ask for!






So I went to an awesome card class last night with Tamara and we made these 3 super-cute cards. I learned a lot of things, including that I am a remedial crafter! I kind of suspected as much, but it was confirmed when all 3 other members of my table were finished and I was only halfway through the 3rd kind of card. :( And the lady across the table was easily in her 60's. I pride myself on the end product though, not the speed at which I create it, so it would have been fine except I mucked that up a bit too... Luckily there were only minor snafus and the cards turned out ok! (Bob pointed out that being Chatty Cathy might have something to do with my tortoise-like speed.... I can't deny that COULD be a factor, but hey, I had fun!) I did learn that those little pinchers make picking up tiny letters WAY easier. So that was good. And they were useful on the flip flops, because we had to poke the rafia through these tiny holes and the pinchers worked well there too to pull it through.... Anyway, good times were had and I didn't buy too much stuff at the scrapbooking store... I bought some of the microbeads (tiny tiny glass beads that you use almost like glitter) for Christmas cards with the optimistic idea that I'll start now.... we'll see! :) (You of course get a discount on anything you buy on the day of a class so it's very tempting to check it all out!


I have a 4 day weekend since today's a "training holiday" and Monday's the real holiday and it's AWESOME! This is the first holiday weekend I've had off in pretty much forever, because I'm always on call at least one of the days when I'd otherwise be off because I'm on an outpatient month! I was productive today and finished all my notes earlier. (I now see about 20 patients a day so those notes add up! They're all 20 minute appts so I spend up to 2 hours a day doing notes after work!) I did some dishes but there are still a ton left, I should still vacuum, and there's a mountain of laundry still to fold.... SO I shouldn't be blogging but should go take care of all that! Hope you're all enjoying the holiday weekend though and congratulations to the Jeppsens--wish we could be there for Baby Jay's blessing on Sunday! :)
~Cathy

One more thing: I already sent this to some of you, but here's a video about a cool new little cutter that's coming out in October! Who wouldn't want one??

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=nfubyLuekZE&rel=1&eurl=http%3A//www.whyslice.com/HowTos/detail/slice-trade-overview&iurl=http%3A//i3.ytimg.com/vi/nfubyLuekZE/default.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJVyq32xdB8GYdQ5O4dkY6X&use_get_video_info=1&load_modules=1&fs=1&hl=en

No comments: