We're back! We love Atlantis so much and this time Bob's folks came for part of our trip which was great! For any of you who aren't acquainted with Atlantis, it's an amazing resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas with a HUGE waterpark and it's awesome!
Here's Atlantis from the ferry!
This pic demonstrates my sweet Atlantis rash guard, necessitated by my frenemy, the Sun. We all know I'm pasty, but despite SPF 50 applied literally 3 times a day, I was burned by day 2. My chest and shoulders were the worst, hence the rash guard really helped preserve the pastiness. :) It also shows off our sweet matching shades--Carolyn only had sunglasses that clipped onto her regular glasses and didn't want to lose them in the river, so we got a good deal on these when we were shopping in Nassau.
We had dinner at a deli with pickles at all the tables instead of bread. They were good, but we all know I'm a carbatarian and let's just accept that people want their bread!
We had some delicious chocolate cake for dessert
Bob is very proud that we finished it!
Please ignore the red arm, shiny face (MANY layers of sunscreen) and poufy hair (pretty humid this night!)
Jelly fish at the huge aquarium!
Bigger scarier jellies!
What's cooler than a seahorse?
Isn't this an impressive rope bridge and waterfalls?
There are more beach pics coming, but here's one from the last day!
Atlantis from the rope bridge side
There are pools with different sea creatures all around the resort and the hammerheads were especially impressive!
More rope bridge--last day again, hence the pants, knowing I will freeze on the plane otherwise, despite the toastiness throughout the morning and especially in the long line waiting to go through customs!
baby rays
Another view of Atlantis from the ferry
Who doesn't love a giant chair?
Pegasus fountain in front of the Royal Towers
Here's one stolen from Carolyn's blog to give you a preview of our lazy river fun!
And here's another stolen from her camera only slightly ruined by the date stamp--I spent a while roaming the beach finding little white shells to make this and it was worth it!
Last day with Bob's folks--so tough to leave the sun!
Ok, there are more pics coming from our other camera--Bob got an awesome waterproof case for it right before we left so we took it with us on the lazy river and got quite a few more pics.
Basically, this was the best vacation ever! We love Atlantis so much! We floated the lazy river a million times and enjoyed every second! We swam in the ocean, relaxed in the pools and on the beach, snorkeled, and swam with the dolphins! I wish we could have stayed another week, but life goes on. It was a great chance to relax before the chaos of our move, now only 2 weeks away, so we were so lucky to have this opportunity to go, and we were especially glad to have Bob's parents come along too! We loved showing them around Atlantis! We saw so many families and kept talking about how fun it would be to bring our kids someday, but also were grateful it's just the 2 of us right now, because it's pretty insanely pricey and we could not even fathom what the bill could be for all the huge families we saw! It would add up fast!
Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and I'll post the other pics soon!








5 comments:
That looks like so much fun. Karl and I want to go with you next time:)
Yay for Atlantis pics! We are sooo jealous. It looks heavenly. I love all of the pictures, but I think your ATLANTIS seashell picture is very fun! I'm excited to see more of your water adventures!
Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.
I seriously started looking up trip info after I saw your FB photos! That's my dream vacation. Someday! It will be nice to be able to ask you?'s. :)
Okay, now you are just showing off! ;) One of these days you will stop at my blog to find all these pics duplicated (only with my family inserted in place of yours) especially the one in the giant chair because you're right, who doesn't love a giant chair?
Post a Comment