Thursday, July 30, 2009

DC!!

So here are a few pictures from when I was home in July--as I said, I didn't take near enough pictures, but at least I did take a few! Here's Me, Mandy, and Brooke after a delicious Olive Garden dinner:

This is at Mandy's birthday party at Honeysuckle--what a beautiful day!


Now on to DC! I'm out here for 9 days interviewing for fellowship at Walter Reed for Peds GI. (Fellowship is 3 years of extra training after residency to get board certified in a subspecialty in medicine) I'm staying with Cristy which is great fun, and we've seen some sites! Here's Cris with FDR at his memorial!
He seems so friendly!

So this is a depression era tribute and I had to lighten it up a little with my antics


Me and Cristy



Gotta love Eleanor... seems so very nice--definitely one of my favorite first ladies




The Jefferson Memorial at night--so pretty!




Ditto for the Washington monument--the sky was really reddish purple and I'm glad it showed up a little in this picture!







The front of the Jefferson memorial



So my interviews for fellowship have gone well so far but it will totally depend on who else applies so we'll see. It's very rare to get to do fellowship straight out of residency but we'll keep you posted! I'm here til Wed so I've got lots more sites to see with Cristy but it's been a lot of fun so far! I made her gnocchi tonight with indoor s'mores for dessert so at least we're eating well! :)

























4 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck Cathy! I hope you get your fellowship! At least your having a good time. How fun to be in DC.

Karen Mortensen said...

Sounds like you are having fun. Good luck with everything. They would be crazy not to take you.

Mandy said...

Such cute pictures! I am jealous of you and I am jealous of Cristy and I am jealous of your gnocchi and indoor s'mores too!! :) Can't wait to hear more about Walter Reid and the fun you guys are having!

Jeppsen's said...

FUN Good luck with the interview process We know that your GREAT!! They will think that too. It was fun to see you. Enjoy your trip. Your quite the traveler lately. :)